WhatsApp is a social media messaging app used by over 1.5 billion users around the world. Users communicate with their friends, family members, and business colleagues through texts, voice notes, sharing pictures, locations, and calls. As per reports, over 60 billion messages are being transferred between the users on WhatsApp on daily basis. Some conversations are casual whereas some are private that the users wouldn’t want any third party to see it. To prevent anyone else from seeing the chat, the users use special applications that help them to lock those chats. In this scenario, a question that arises is, how to lock WhatsApp chat without any app to ease the trouble?
Today we’ll completely guide you with the possible ways through which you’ll be able to lock your WhatsApp chat without any fingerprint or third-party application.
How to Lock WhatsApp without any app?
By following these easy steps, you’ll be able to lock your WhatsApp application without any third-party application.
- Turn on your Mobile phone and open your WhatsApp app.
- Press the three dots on the top corner of your phone screen and click on the settings tab.
- Press the account button and then select Two-step verification and enable it.
- Write down a 6 Digit pin code and press the next button.
- Add the email address that you can use later to reset your PIN if in case you forget it. Once done, confirm your email address and save the settings.
Now you’ve successfully locked your WhatsApp application, and no one will be able to access it without your PIN.
How to Lock WhatsApp chat without any app?
You already learned how to lock the WhatsApp application, but the main part is to understand how to lock WhatsApp chat without any app? This is very simple, and you can easily do it by downloading the other version of YoWhatsApp to lock the chats. This can be done in the following way:
- Firstly, download YouWhatsApp and install it on your smartphone.
- Run the YoWhatsApp application and recover your Backup.
- Select the chat that you want to lock.
- Tap on 3 dots and press Lock conversation.
- You can choose between fingerprint, password, or pin to lock the chat.
- Once selected, enter your Pin/Password.
- Confirm the PIN and you’re done with locking the chat.
Also Read: Best Last Seen Tracker Apps for Android
By following these easy steps, you’ll be able to lock the selected chat you wanted to hide from other people. Only you can open that chat through the PIN code or password.
Though there are so many applications that help you to lock the whole WhatsApp or just the selected chats today we learned a better and efficient way to lock the WhatsApp chats without downloading any other third-party applications. I hope that the question which was arising in the beginning that ‘’How to lock WhatsApp chat without any app’’ must be solved up till now.